Tuesday 8 January 2013

[Review] Hadalabo Tamagohada BHA+AHA Cleanser


Today I wanna review one of my all-time favorite cleansers! Tamagohada AHA/BHA Cleanser by Hadalabo.


I started using this eight months ago and I think I've already used it enough to make a proper review :)



Now, what is Tamagohada? 


"Tamagohada" literally means "egg skin" in Japanese, meaning that you will achieve a skin as smooth as a boiled egg. Sounds promising, huh?


Tamagohada is the name of a series of cleansers created by Japanese brand Hadalabo that have AHA and BHA as main ingredients. Since they were launched, they have remained as one of the most popular drugstore cleansers in Japan and I can see why. 


What makes it so special? This cleanser contains AHA and BHA, aka, acids that exfoliate your skin and help to keep all the gunk out. 



My thoughts


It comes in a cute turquoise tube that you have to squeeze to get the product. Using it twice a day, it can last up to 2 months (I'm actually on my third bottle). 


The product itself has a nice thick creamy consistency and barely any smell, which is good for those people with sensitive skin. You just need a tiny amount for the whole face. I like to add some warm water and create some lather before applying it on my face. I massage my face for about thirty seconds and then I rinse off with cold water. Then I gently pat dry my face with a towel. 


I really love the fact that my skin feels really really soft. I don't like those cleansers that leave your skin with a tightening feeling after rising them off (mainly because they use sulfates that dry out your skin). This is not the case with Tamagohada. Your skin feels bouncy and supple. 



So, what are the effects?


I started to see the exfoliation effects after some days. My skin is kind of dull but since I introduced this product to my regime I can already see some results. I think it is clearing up a bit, since this product hasn't broke me out, and my acne scars seem to be improving. Also, I can see a healthy glow. Dunno if it's just this product or the combination of all the other new products I'm using. But I think Tamagohada helped a bit. 


Even if it's a "daily" exfoliation cleanser, it is sooo gentle that won't overdry your skin. My skin tends to get flaky and irritated if I use products that are too harsh, but, so far, I haven't experimented any flakiness or irritation. So yay for Tamagohada. 


You have to use a sunscreen if you're using this cleanser. Your skin might become extra sensitive to the sun because of the exfoliation. And I avoid using toners that contain alcohol or other harsh ingredients. If you want to clear up your skin, keep it simple. The less the products, the better. 



Sooo, to sum up:


Pros:

-Doesn't overdry the skin or tighten it. 
-You can see the exfoliation effects after some days. Your skin will have a healthy glow. 
-Doesn't clog pores.
-No perfumes or other harmful sustances added. 

Cons:

-Hard to find in Europe, so you have to order online. Price with shipping is around $13. 
-The product doesn't last long... around two months if you use it twice daily. Wish they made larger bottles.
-I don't think it can't remove makeup very well so be sure to use a cleansing oil first.

Wll you rebuy it? Yes, I am on my third tube already :P


Average rating: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment